Yarra Valley Bonsai Society
Contact Yarra Valley Bonsai Society
T: 0403 800 671
The Yarra Valley Bonsai Society, based in the ‘far east’ of Melbourne, caters for bonsai enthusiasts of all skill levels, from the simply curious and absolute beginner to the advanced practitioners. The aims of the Yarra Valley Bonsai Society are:
• To further interest and craftsmanship in bonsai and related arts for its members, and to inspire participation by both beginners, advanced growers and collectors of bonsai;
• To further the appreciation of the underlying aesthetic tenets of the bonsai craft and its variations;
• To advance appreciation of bonsai by the wider community, especially in the Outer Eastern suburbs, through participation in exhibitions and shows and other forms of outreach selected by the Society.
• To share knowledge and skills with related clubs and/or societies locally, nationally and internationally;
• To acknowledge, beyond the craft of bonsai, the social value of community and grass roots organisations;
• To exist as an exemplary community organisation with a negligible carbon footprint as expedited through minimal paper usage, through recycling, and by means of low imprint activities and marketing.