Contact Murasaki Penguin
Murasaki Penguin is an interdisciplinary collaboration between dancer/choreographer Anna Kuroda and sound and multimedia artist David Kirkpatrick. Their work crosses cultures and the boundaries of dance, sound, video, electronics and large scale installation – with a focus on interactivity and live performance.
Highlights include Window at the Toyota Choreography Award 2016 in Japan and Shima series works in Australia, Italy and Wellington. Murasaki Penguin projects have received Australia Japan Foundation (DFAT), Australia Council OYEA, Wellington LUX and Yokohama City funding and been shortlisted for an ArtsHub Innovation Award.
This video is a collection of excerpts from recent Murasaki Penguin works:
1) ‘Shima’ – 2011 – Underbelly Arts Festival – Cockatoo Island, Sydney Harbour, Australia
2) ‘Moon’ – 2012 – Kokonagi Festival － Redbrick Warehouse, Yokohama, Japan
3) MdM – 2010 – Filmed at the Museum der Modern, Salzburg, Austria
4) ‘Live Stream Performance’ – 2011 – Stream from Kamakura, Japan to the Seymour Centre, Sydney
5) Citylights～街の灯 – 2013 – The Cleland Bond building, The Rocks, Sydney, Australia and Izayoi Yoshidamachi Studio, Yokohama, Japan